Case Study: Terminal Refresh
218 Wyse terminals and screens were shipped to 33 sites across Australia – a mix of capital cities, regional towns and remote locations – for the replacement of existing devices against a tight deadline.
Project Management, Installation and Logistics:
- Minimise Business Impact: Co-ordinate individual replacements to avoid disruption in a live environment.
- Commission and Test New Hardware: Install replacements, customising to match existing conﬁguration and recording details.
- Categorise Equipment: Maximise remainder by classifying equipment into recycling, waste, spares and returns to head ofﬁce.
- Not a single appointment or deadline missed even though – in some locations – we were working around severe bushﬁres.
- No repeat visits required for faults or additional training requirements.
- Finished ahead of allotted time and well within budget.
What Made This Successful
- Great geographical reach (capital cities, regional and remote).
- Tried and proven project management practices.
- Knowledgeable technical resources.
- Great rapport with customer’s IT management & project team.